According to the GDOE : “Students in home study programs shall be subject to an appropriate nationally standardized testing program administered in consultation with a person trained in the administration and interpretation of norm referenced tests. The student must be evaluated at least every three years beginning at the end of the third grade. Records of such tests shall be retained.”
To aid home school parents in the administration of this test EPIC Homeschool Network, Inc. in conjunction with The Study Hall Education Consulting Company will be administering the Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS) during the week of April 24, 2017. Please see the specific time and dates below for your child’s age group and register today!
- April 24-28, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. – 2nd Grade
- April 24-26, 2017 from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. – 3rd Grade
- April 24-26, 2017 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – 4th – 12th Grade
The cost for materials (including a practice), results AND administration of the test is listed below. EPIC HSN members receive a 10% discount on all testing.
- K5–3rd grade students- $100 for the first child, $50 for each subsequent child.
- Grades 4–12 students- $80 for the first child, $40 for each subsequent child.
- Special Needs students must be administered separately – $135 each child.
If you would like to purchase a practice test you may purchase one for $10 for each child. For the answer key for the practice test there is an additional $15 fee.
To register please complete this form 2017 Standardized Testing Application Form and email it to Andrea Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 470-308-0861. You many also call four zero four-644-eight391 for additional information. Registration must be received by April 1, 2017.